Journey featuring Cheeky Studio


I'm getting this one in under the wire! It's for the Feb. 11 Sketch Challenge over at The Studio Challenges and I decided to use my Cheeky Studio Winter Flowers products on it.

This layout has quite the story. I found this little strip of paper on the floor of my bedroom, and at first I thought it was one of those strips of paper that they put in swimsuits to tell you to make sure you keep your underwear on when trying on the swimsuit. But that didn't make any sense. So I picked it up and turned it over and there was a Bible verse on it.



I literally had no idea where this piece of paper came from or how it got in my room. I can only assume that my mom dropped it there for me to find. And I knew that I needed to get it on a scrapbook layout.

So the other morning I was on the bus and having a really rough morning (rough couple of weeks, really), and I just closed my eyes and put my head back against the seat, and I thought, "I wonder what this would look like if I took my picture right now." So that's what I did.



And then I decided to create my own background paper by handwriting the lyrics to the song "Take Courage" by Bethel Music (which I've been hearing on the radio A LOT) all across some blank white Bazzill cardstock. It just fit so perfectly with the Bible verse and the way I was feeling when I took the selfie.

I don't have a process video to share for this one because I created this layout in a hotel room. I was going on a business trip and knew I would have some downtime at least one night, so I put together a little scrapbook kit to bring with me that included some American Crafts patterned paper and washi tape; some polka dot Echo Park paper; my Cheeky Studio Winter Flowers stickers, ephemera, and sequins; Shimmerz Coloringz Pink Stilettos from the Cheeky Studio Winter Flowers Mini Mixed Media Kit; and my scrapbooking tools.



This one is definitely going into my Book of Me. If you don't know what a Book of Me is, I've got a video up on the YouTube channel that talks about it a little more. It's essentially a combination scrapbook and journal. It's what the name suggests - a scrapbook that is all about you! I highly recommend it. It's kind of like art therapy in a way.

Anyway, that's what I'm sharing with you today. Thanks for looking!

And don't forget that you can get 10% off in the Cheeky Studio shop when you use my discount code CookScrap10!

Comments

  1. A lovely layout, love the colours and what a great thing to scrap! I didn't even realise you had written the background until I looked again! Thanks so much for joining in with us at the Studio challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to create your own background with handwriting! Thanks for joining us at the studio challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment