New Layout for The International Scrapbook Garden Kit Club

I am really enjoying my time playing with the Sunkissed main kit and bonus kits for The International Scrapbook Garden. This kit is challenging me as a scrapbooker in all sorts of good ways. You should see my scrap room! I have my desk covered in wax paper because I've been spraying, stamping, and painting!

And here is what I've been spraying, stamping, and painting on:


So yes, there was a lot of prep work for this one, but while I was waiting for stuff to dry, I had plenty of time to figure out where I wanted all of the elements to go, which was kind of nice!

Basically, I painted my chipboard letters with a mixture of the turquoise paint and the Magic Powder to give them a cool color and more textured look. I also added a bit of the Lindy's embossing powder to give the letters a hint of shine.



I also used the Lindy's Magical Shaker powder to color the white doily. That was a fun experience, though I had no idea what I was doing. LOL! I ended up with a nice light yellow color that reminded me of a water color paint, and I thought it was sufficiently bright enough to go with the bright yellow of the patterned Lemoncraft paper acting as the mat behind the photo and journaling card.



I also used the Kaisercraft word stamps to create a very light background on the journaling card. I ended up writing over it, but I do like the effect it creates. (And you can also see a bit of the Lindy's Flat Fabio Spray Hibiscus Rose on that card because I was trying to use the spray to stamp and it didn't really work out, but some of the spray ended up getting on the card. No worries! I still liked the effect.)



Supplies used from the Sunkissed kits:
13 Arts Magic Powder
Lindy's Embossing Powder Drop Dead Gorgeous Green
Lindy's Magical Shaker Yodeling Yellow
13 Arts Ayeeda Paint Matte Turquoise
Lemoncraft Daydream 02 paper
Lemoncraft Daydream Ribbon
Lemoncraft Daydream feathers
Kaisercraft Paper Blooms
Lemoncraft Daydream Ephemera Card
Lemoncraft Daydream Button
Kaisercraft Treasured Moments Clear Stamps
Bo Bunny Doily
Lemoncraft Vintage Time 011 paper

Supplies used from my own stash:
MAMBI sticker embellishment
chipboard letters for the title
Stampin' Up Classic Stampin Pad Coastal Cabana
Zig Writer, Black

Still don't have a Garden Sunkissed kit of your own? Then you need to head over to The International Scrapbook Garden shop right now and get one!

Seriously, guys, I am having a lot of fun experimenting with the mixed media supplies in this kit and letting my creative juices loose as I create my scrapbook layouts! This kit has so many fun goodies! I need to end this blog post and get back to creating.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

  1. What a lovely layout, Laurie! I love your treatment of the chippie letters-they turned out awesome. And I love all the journaling! (too often skipped!!!) Lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment