Gluten-Free Fall Cooking

I've been doing a lot of scrapbooking. (Have you noticed?) But I've also been trying out a few new recipes, and there's more to come.

The other weekend I sliced my finger cutting up an orange bell pepper to make Ayesha Curry's Sloppy Joe-Stuffed Peppers. I was watching the episode of Ayesha's Home Kitchen where she makes these for her basketball player husband (Steph Curry) and his friends, and because the show involved a basketball player, my husband ended up watching with me.

"Those look good!" he said. "We should make those."

So instead of doing my usual opening a can of Manwich and calling it a day to make sloppy joes, I chopped up veggies and made sloppy joes from scratch. And sliced my finger with a knife.



I'd say I took one for the team because my husband liked this one and so did the baby. (Well, she liked the sloppy joes. I didn't even try to make her eat the pepper.)

And what's nice about this is that it's gluten-free! You don't even have to worry about finding gluten-free bread because the pepper is the "bread". Love it!

I also made a really good recipe for Cheddar-Apple Sausage Mac from Family Circle that I think would be perfect for all of those apples you picked at the pick-your-own farm. Or if you are lazy like me and don't own an apple corer/peeler, just buy a bag of pre-sliced apples. Worked good for me!


Although, when you tell your husband what the ingredients are (apple-chicken sausage, pasta, cheddar cheese, apples), don't be surprised if he says, "So this is going to kill me after I eat it."

It has apples in it!!!

I couldn't get my daughter to eat the chicken sausage. (Whose child is this??) But she did eat the pasta and my husband had seconds. Made for good leftovers, too.


And easy to make gluten-free. I just used gluten-free penne pasta. Easy peasy.

We've got some other new recipes on the meal plan this week, so hopefully I'll be sharing how those went with you soon.

Comments